Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Its been FAR to long

Well Hello again all!
I think it is time I get back on this and start a weekly update- it seems that I am being shown up by Jackie and Boo!!
Instead of back tracking all the way to Feb when I last posted we will just start with what has recently happened with us. Most of you probably read the same info on Aavyns caringbridge site, but I will start keeping that site to strictly Aavyn and this geared more towards our family.

Last weekend Aubrie and I went to the Taylor Swift concert with Audrey and Erin- we had a great time but the best part was that Aubrie was so tired she fell asleep after 2 songs! BUMMER

Ok SO we had a great 4th of July- I managed to "sneak" away for a day to head up to Albertville Outlet mall with my sister. We had a blast- of course I lost the best deal of the day award as she got a skirt for $1.80!! Don't worry Kris I will get it back next shopping trip! On Saturday Jeremy, Aavyn, myself and Bruce (can't forget him!) went to East Lake Okoboji so I could get some sun and the guys could fish. We enjoyed our peaceful day. That night we went out to Nick and Boos for a bonfire but that was short lived as Aavyn wanted nothing to do with sleeping and started crying nonstop as his teeth were bothering him- so home we headed. Sunday came and we bummed all day until it was time to get Aubrie from Ryans then it was off to Sheldon to see Auntie "I" and Uncle Chris who were here from CT. We has pizza and headed home to prepare ourselves for the week.

Jeremy and Aavyn are off for a pre-opp physical today to make sure we can do tubes in Aavyns ears on friday. We can hopefully pick up his little glasses on Thursday of this week so he can see all the action that is going to happen this weekend when we head to Des Moines to Adventureland with Kelly and Erin and the girls. We will go there on Saturday and then head back to Omaha that night so that on Sunday we can bum at the Henery Doorly Zoo - I am not sure who is more excited for the zoo-- Jeremy or the kids! It will be a nice weekend away again- I will post pictures when I get them off my camera so you can see how quickly the kids are growing!

Until Monday...... The Hoekstras

2 comments:

rjfreese said...

way to go on the blog! You guys are BUSY! No wonder there hasn't been much time for blogging! Can't wait to see pics of Aavyn in his glasses!

Steph said...

Aavyn is so ADORABLE!! love the glasses!! Hope the tubes go well, i know they have done wonders for Jacksons ears! Have a fun weekend!

Steph